Hello, I am a Masters Graduate student from Florida A&M University with a degree in Computer Information Science with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems. I am interested in opportunities that will put my years of study to practical use. I am interested in positions that would provide a professional learning experience for me from which I can grow and gain quality experience both in and out of my concentrated fields.
During my time as a Teacher’s Assistant in the CIS Department at Florida A&M University I developed my knowledge of Programming Languages, Object Oriented Programming, Building & Managing Relational Databases and much more. But the most valuable thing that I have learned, which helped me get through my undergraduate career and many obstacles afterwards was resourcefulness. I may not know exactly how to overcome an issue at a given moment but by the end of the day I would have mastered the situation. Knowing how to use the materials and information at my disposal to solve new problems is the biggest tool that I utilize as a computer scientist and as a person in my everyday life.
As an independent Web Developer I face new issues with each client that I provide service to. It is my duty to deliver quality web pages equipped with the client’s desired functionality no matter how difficult the request is. There have been many times where I felt overwhelmed and thought that I might have taken on more than I can handle. Still, keeping in mind my most valued lesson, I know with absolute certainty that if I use all resources made available to me that I can solve any problem that comes my way.
I am a very creative and capable programmer who is eager to offer my determination and critical thinking skills to a role that will further develop me as a CIS professional. Please feel free to review my work history here. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Thank you for your time and any consideration put towards me for any position. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
FAMU Diamondbacks Team – NASA University Student Launch Initiative, Rocket
●Design and build a model rocket that is compatible with NASA’s physicalrequirements
●Designed payload to give the model rocket the ability to communicate with a tablet device duringflight.
● Assisted with the development of software for the tablet to query and display information of the model rockets height, speed, and
exposure to ultraviolet rays. The tablet’s program also allowed for photos to be received from the rocket during flight.
● Participated in an Outreach program whose goal was to educate the youth about studies and careers in the computer
Senior Information Systems Development Project – FAMU Emergency 911 System
Responsible for designing and developing web and mobile applications for an emergency 911 system that:
● Allows mobile front-end users to: create accounts that stores personal health information in case of emergency, send
distress 911 calls with the touch of a button , check on the status of their distress call, and add multimedia as evidence
pertaining to particular distress calls with no speaking required.
● Allows back-end users to: manage mobile accounts, respond to distress calls, forward distress calls to the proper authority
(police department, fire department, etc.), and view call logs in database.
Practical Investigations on Platform as a Service (PaaS).
In Proceedings of the 2nd Annual
FLORIDA UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH CONFERENCE (FURC ’12). FURC, Deland, FL, USA, 32723.
Howard Smart and Dr. Hongmei Chi. 2012.
Chat-Bot Application Development & Integration using Dialog flow by Google Developer. Application: Cook Book
In Proceedings of the TalTech Alliance Expo FSU, Tallahassee, FL, USA, 32306
Howard Smart and Dr. Clement Allen 2018.
Awarded 1st Place!
Florida Department of Health
Department of Information & Technology
•Troubleshoot and repair desktops, laptops, servers, and other IT hardware and software problems
• Install, implement, and maintain computer systems for use by End Users including the hardware, software and communications components
• Test, evaluate, and package software and applications for workstation distribution and patch deployment
• Monitor and support print servers and the printers on them
• Assist in resolving software, hardware, and communication problems
• Assist wit and resolve problem support calls and/or forwards to the appropriate responsibility area for resolution
• Apply general knowledge of business practices to a variety of practical situations
• Develop and implement plans to safeguard files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure & to meet emergency data processing needs
• Conferr with personnel to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes
• Identified areas of operation which need upgraded equipment, such as telecommunication and fiber optic cables
• Tested and evaluated hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system
• Read technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment which meets establishment requirements
• Monitored system performance and equipment capacity requirements
• Assisted users to identify and solve data communication problems
• Trained users in proper use of equipment
(11/2019 – Present)